DOWNLOADABLE HI-RES IMAGES
PRESS RELEASE ARCHIVE
- 06/01/2017 - Off The Record Event Announced for Glasgow: http://eepurl.com/cwlOGn
- 16/12/2016 - Off The Record Seeking Event Partners: http://eepurl.com/ctN9Yn
- 30/11/2016 - Additional Speakers Announced for Off The Record Dumfries: http://eepurl.com/cqYDKf
- 01/11/2016 - Dumfries To Host Music Business Youth Event: http://eepurl.com/cmR2Pn
- 25/05/2016 - Edinburgh To Host Music Business Youth Event: http://eepurl.com/b2ZCYb
- 26/11/2015 - Additional Speaker and Talks Announced for Galashiels: http://eepurl.com/bHzOFv
- 11/11/2015 - Off The Record Event Announced for Galashiels: http://eepurl.com/bFBJxX
- 10/09/2015 - Off The Record Speakers Announced for Dundee & Aberdeen Events: http://eepurl.com/byuwWr
- 24/07/2015 - Off The Record Seeking Event Partners: http://eepurl.com/bt799D
ABOUT OFF THE RECORD AND BORN TO BE WIDE
Off The Record, was founded by Community Interest Company Born To Be Wide in 2013 and is a series of daytime events for young musicians and those who want to work in the industry. It is open to anyone aged 14-25, and is designed to equip young people with music business knowledge, information and skills to help them forge a career in music.
Born To Be Wide started life in 2004 as an informal social night to bring together those involved in the Scottish music scene, and soon began attracting interest throughout the UK. In 2012 it was incorporated as a Community Interest Company with Michael Lambert and Olaf Furniss as its directors. In addition to its seminar/networking evenings and Off The Record it stages the annual Wide Days conference and showcase, which in 2014 won Best Networking Event/Service at the Yearly Music Convention Awards.
Born To Be Wide also organises bespoke talks and workshops for other conferences and organisations. These include the BPI’s Big Music Project, the Scottish Parliament's Festival Of Politics, Education Scotland, the Edinburgh International Book Festival, Heart Of Midlothian FC’s Big Hearts Community Trust, the Depot Recording Studio and creative industries convention, GoNorth.
Moreover, its numerous events have included partnerships with the following organisations, companies and educational institutions: BPI, MU, PPL, ERA, AIM, MPA, CC Skills, Creative Scotland, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh College, Perth College, Spotify, EmuBands, Eventbrite, the Orchard, the Scottish Music Industry Association, the Scottish Parliament, Creative Edinburgh, the Academy of Music & Sound, Music Export Norway and the German Consulate.
ABOUT THE YOUTH MUSIC INITIATIVE
Creative Scotland administers the Scottish Government’s Youth Music Initiative (YMI) programme which creates access to high quality music making opportunities for young people, particularly for those that would not normally have the chance to participate. For further information about YMI please visit: http://ow.ly/PVNE9. Creative Scotland is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives, works or visits here. For further information about Creative Scotland please visit www.creativescotland.com.
EmuBands provides a simple-to-use but powerful digital music distribution service for artists and record companies to sell music online through iTunes, Spotify, Amazon MP3 and many more of the World's leading digital music services. In a non-exclusive deal, artists and labels earn 100% of the royalties generated from sales, and maintain full ownership and control of their rights, and with a simple one-off pricing model, there are no annual fees. For more information visit: www.emubands.com